The end of 2011 is fast approaching. We have really enjoyed working with our clients and have had the opportunity of working with many great companies and public entities to help them find good software solutions.
This year, we have worked with large and small companies, government entities and non-profit groups. We have worked with clients that have spanned from Alaska to Hawaii to California to Florida to New York to Nova Scotia and even to the UK and Austria. We have had a lot of fun along the way as we work with each client to help them find the unique solutions that are right for them. Here are some parting observations for 2011:
- Many companies are still running Excel spreadsheets outside of their financial and operational software putting companies at risk for errors, fraud, and security breaches.
- More companies are looking for software compatibility with smartphone, ipad, and other personal mobile devices.
- The Cloud hype has reached a fever pitch and is finally starting to see some acceptance outside of Human Resources, CRM, and Projects and with mid-market to larger companies.
- ERP cloud vendors are still functionally immature as compared to their on-premises competitors.
- On-premises vendors are moving as quickly as they can to offer cloud solutions.
- There is continued software vendor acquisition activity (ie. Lawson acquired by Infor) but new vendors (like Workday) are popping up offering new solutions and gaining market share.
We wish you all a happy and safe holiday season, and look forward to serving you in 2012!
Posted By: Spencer Arnesen
Leave a Comment